Join the Neopoet online poetry workshop and community to improve as a writer, meet fellow poets, and showcase your work. Sign up, submit your poetry, and get started.

Suggestion for "Recent Posts" page

Forums: 

is it possible to increase column width of "Last Activity"? . In my opinion it would keep a control on row height which at times makes them big when the time in hr, mins & secs goes into double digit, This is just a suggestion from aesthetics appeal point of view. I do not know if it is technically feasible.

Man, such tiny things can be truly inspired. It would make up to five times more posts visible at a time, without scrolling down.

Raj, please submit this idea directly to Andrew using a tech report-

Resources>Contact Neopoet>Tech issue/bug report

Where it happened: Opening "Recent Posts" (Track all site activity)

What happened: Every entry occupies up to five screen lines.

What you expected to happen: By simply widening the 'Last Activity' column many more posts per screen could be seen. This might seem trivial but Jess agrees it would make a significant difference in the utility of this page with a tiny change.

cheers,
Jess
A new workshop on the most important element of poetry-
'Rhythm and Meter in Poetry'
https://www.neopoet.com/workshop/rhythm-and-meter-poetry

for appreciating my suggestion to improve user experience and aesthetic value. From what I see there is open space available to widen a column. May be it is not easy as a layman can see and there could be significant challenges for Andrew and his team particularly when there is likely to be inter connectivity between different pages. However I will send the email to Andrew on the lines suggested by you to draw his attention.

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

Jess I tried but even though I select the Recipient option as Tech Issue after filling up the rest of the information in the respective field and pressing send...it still shows in Red "Recipient field required.. this is just for your information and not a complaint...
................................................................... .

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

to the left of Tech issue did it turn and remain black in the centre to indicate it had been selected?
If not try again, it may be a mouse accuracy problem.
If it won't select no matter what
or
If does appear as selected but still get that message
report it to Andrew by Private Message.

cheers,
Jess

yes the little circle to the left of the tech issue did get selected yet the problem I mentioned persisted in spite of repeated attempts...i will PM Andrew requesting him to read this blog..

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

I notice the column widths on the Undiscovered Work page are pretty well organized. I wonder why the same is not possible for "Recent Posts" / "Track All site Activity" page
.....................................................................................................................................

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

Thanks Team Andrew

the page now look aesthetically better and with wider column for Last Activity should accomodate more poems per page...

thanks again

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

The "last activity" column on both pages used to have the word "ago", as in "3 hours 12 min ago". I've removed the word "ago". That helps a little. Both pages are actually formatted exactly the same. I looked at them closely and saw, for "undiscovered work", that all changes are type "edit" and all "types" are "poem", but for "all activity", there is a long list of different iterations. The different iterations are what take up space. Think that's all I can do on this for the moment. Let me know (please message me directly) if this continues to bother you and if you think this is a priority.

Andrew

Andrew

cheers,
Jess

for accepting the suggestion and making thoughtful changes...

could the next change be e.g. 2 d 10 h 24 m 15 s? if that is possible it may accommodate even more number of poems on a single web page...

regards...
...........................................................................................................

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment
(c) Neopoet.com. No copyright is claimed by Neopoet to original member content.